Saturday, June 8, 2019

Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert

This past week I tried a couple of new recipes on the boys and they were met with thunderous applause...cowboy style, which translates to complete silence around the table interspersed with grunts of appreciation. 😉 When a dish keeps cowboys from telling the latest windy story about the rankest horse and the wildest cow gathering, it's a good sign. And if they are welcomed with such accolades, then they earn a spot in my favorite cookbook and a blog post to share with ya'll.

                              

At some point I pinned this from Pinterest and I really do enjoy trying a lot of the recipes I collect there. This one links back HERE.

       

Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert

1 C Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
1 C pecans, finely chopped
1 stick butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 C powdered sugar
16 oz Cool Whip
2 small boxes cheesecake pudding
3 C milk
2 cans Cherry Pie filling
1/2 C chopped pecans

*Combine vanilla wafer crumbs, finely chopped pecans, and melted butter. Press into 9 x 13" baking pan - bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. In a separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 C Cool Whip. Mix until smooth; spread evenly over cooled crust. In another bowl, combine cheesecake pudding mix, milk, and 1 C Cool Whip - mix until smooth. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Top with Cherry Pie filling. Spread remaining Cool Whip over pie filling and sprinkle with pecans. Freeze.

*The original recipe calls for 1 can of Cherry Pie Filling, but I felt like 2 gave the dessert a better cherry / cheesecake ratio. It also calls for refrigerating, but I popped mine in the deep freeze - because I ran out of room in the fridge and I think that's where I'll always keep it. YUM.

                              


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is going to LOVE this especially. He's so for cherry anything. Thanks for keeping me in his good graces with something I'd like for BREAKFAST after reading through the recipe...LIKE RIGHT NOW!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

YUM sounds about right!!! 😋

Theona Cooke said...

I grew up with this dessert that we called “Cherry Delight.” It’s so good!

Lindah said...

You are my kind of cook: if 1 is good 2 is probably better. :-) We've had 100++ temps the past week or more, so why chill when you can freeze! Sounds good to me. Wow! How do you ever keep up your energy/stamina level.

Sherrill said...

WOW!! Sounds fantastic! I think that would be a good offering when our church group serves dinner at the local Ronald McDonald house. Will definitely make it for that purpose in the next month or two. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...