Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Spring Splash Baby Quilt

I don't often make quilt patterns more than once, but the Gingham pattern and this one are the exception. This is a free pattern that can be found HERE.  (Edited to fix the link - thank you Violet!) I first made it a few years ago:

                         

And I finished a second version this week. I loved this paisley print I found at Hobby Lobby in 2017:


And I think it made a sweet quilt:


There are so many fun colors in this:


 I backed it with this blue print and bound it with a purple dot, both from my stash:

                                                       

and Jackie quilted a fun swirly design across it:

                                                       

It finishes at 40" x 40" and is snuggle ready:

                               

9 comments:

Dorian said...

Such a pretty little quilt Karin.

Violet said...

The link to the pattern doesn't work! :) Thank you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You might not like to make a pattern more than once, but this one was SEW worth it!!!

Tired Teacher said...

Another wonderful finish. The paisley fabric is cheerful and this pattern highlights it well.

Violet said...

Thank you for fixing the link. So many times I will look at quilts others have made and think, "I can do that." Then I get the pattern, buy the fabrics and get started. Before long I'm thinking to myself, "You ding-dong...what were you thinking! I can't do that!" But I am fairly...mostly...kind of confidant I can do this one. I appreciate all of the work and time that you put into your blog.

Chris said...

Thank you for the link to the pattern! I often make quilts for the local crisis pregnancy center and this one will be a good one to make. Yours is lovely!

Janet O. said...

I think I have already downloaded this from you once, but if you can make it twice, I can download it twice--just in case I can't find where I put it the first time. That paisley sure did make a pretty version.

momto1 said...

Sweet quilt! I often avoid buying a print like that because I don't think I can use it effectively, but your quilt is perfect! I certainly don't need more stash, but if I happen to find myself in a fabric store, and something pretty like this shows itself to me, I just may buy it!

Shelly said...

So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...