Thursday, January 9, 2020

2020 Quilt List

I am a list maker. I love to write out lists and check items off as they are completed. Thus, a list of quilts I want to make during the year is a given. It changes - sometimes weekly, but it gives me a starting point. Many of the quilts on this year's list have made appearances on previous lists, but for some reason, they have been pushed back when other projects took priority

1. Baseball Baby Quilt - This little group of fabrics is up first this year.


2. A Hunting Themed Quilt -


3. A Donation Quilt for the VFW Post



4. HST Chaos - I am always drawn to scrap quilts and this one will probably be my leader-ender project for the year.

Picture

5. Wildflowers - This was on last year's list



6. Dizzy Daisy - another one that didn't get made last year



7. Modern Greek Cross - and another (looks as if I didn't make much progress on last year's list)



8. Economie Zoologie - another from last year's list



9. Jellystone - And, another...sigh



10. A Scrappy Quilt like this one

Love this scrappy quilt - easy 9 patch 1/2 squares and the peaky & spike block to give the points

11. Follow Your Heart - a kit I bought a few years ago by Sweetwater

Follow Your Heart Download | Etsy

And I'd better stop there before it gets out of hand. This list does not include quilt tops already made - Jackie has quite a few and there may or may not be numerous tops hung in the closet. I think I had better get started.

12 comments:

Dorian said...

Sounds like you need to carve out more quilting time Karin. LOL. Have fun, however many you get made. Those look like some great quilts and have fabrics picked out for many of them, so that is a great start.

Caroline said...

I also make a list every year, of projects that I "need" to make for someone in particular, and projects that I "want" to make. Some have been on the list, for only a couple months and are done & gone, Others keep getting added back to the list, some for far too many years, already.

Theona said...

Love your list! I'd say it sounds ambitious but I know how well you do with accomplishing so many lovely quilts.

Tired Teacher said...

Have fun working on this list of beautiful quilts.

Sherrill said...

WHOA, very ambitious! But I think it's better to plan for a few extra than not enough..HA! Think my fave of them all is the HST chaos. Is that a pattern? Great leader ender project. I found a QOV partially done via the jelly roll race method. I'm thinking stars across the top and a border.

Carol said...

Curious about the HST Chaos. Love that one. Pattern source?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! That's quiet a list. Beautiful fabrics--I think you can do it!

Chantal said...

With all the quilts you've finished in 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if you finish this list this year. Good luck with your goals. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on working through the lovely quilts on your list!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely projects, good luck!

Janet O. said...

You have grand plans and I wish you well with them!
I am especially drawn to the second to the last photo.

Jackie said...

Does anyone know the pattern name of the scrappy in No. 10?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...