Friday, January 24, 2020

New Project

The other morning I woke up to this text from our girl:

"Brooke told me yesterday that Nat's gonna be a big sister; she's due in July...
So this is my formal request for a baby quilt."

I'm tickled our girl asked me to make a quilt for these friends and co-workers. They are going to wait until the baby is born to find out the gender. I love that. Life seems to be so micromanaged these days - I think it's nice to have a surprise tucked in there every now and then.

It DOES make choosing fabric for a baby quilt a little more challenging and I spent a lot of time looking online. Then I found this print at Hobby Lobby.


I think this could work and our girl said she loved it. I found a few prints to coordinate:


But I need to settle on a pattern before I move forward. I may make something similar to this quilt I made a few years ago:


Or I may make a triangle quilt for a more modern look, but in that case I need a few more coordinates so I turned to my stash:


Time to play!

9 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

How fun is that! Love the fabrics you selected.

Shelly said...

Ooh, I like where you're headed!

Janet O. said...

A very cute print for your focus fabric. Whatever pattern you choose, I know it will be adorable.

Anonymous said...

With all the fabric you pulled from your stash, it will be a lovely quilt.

Violet said...

You're so good at coordinating fabrics. I tend to fall back on kits and patterns where the fabrics are coordinated for me. I think it's nice that they are waiting to find out. I know I'm old school but some of these "reveal" productions are over the top!

Chantal said...

Yummy fabric pull. Enjoy! ;^)

Sherrill said...

It is wonderful that your girl asks you to do that! You love doing it and it's easy on her..HA! That's a really cute focus fabric and love the dots. Can't wait to see it.

Janna and Mike said...

Love your choice of fabrics and agree about not finding out the gender. Our granddaughter and her husband did that for both of their babies--said they wanted to prolong the excitement a little longer.

Dorian said...

Looks like fun Karin. Cute fabrics too. I'm sure you'll come up with a great quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...