Friday, January 31, 2020

Under the Needle: January

I felt like I got a good start on my sewing projects in January. I might make more progress if  I concentrate on one project at a time, but I bounced around and worked on whatever caught my attention when I found myself with time to sew.

I pieced a little baseball quilt and will be binding it next week:


I pulled, cut,


sewed, and pieced a top and made the binding for a quilt to donate to a VFW Post:


I had emptied my stash of 2 1/2" squares and strips when I  made my last 2 scrap quilts so I spent some time replenishing that with fabrics from my stash. I know it takes more time to pull fabrics and cut a 2 1/2 strip, but I like to keep my fabrics in bigger pieces because I never know how I'll want to use it. It's what works for the way I like to sew:


I cut matched sets from those strips with the Easy Angle Ruler and sewed a whole mess of little hsts:


I set them to the side to use as leader-enders during the year. I will match them with more low volume prints:


I think I bought most of these low volume prints a few years ago when I worked on one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts and they have been sitting in their bin ever since. I pulled them out when I began making the HST Chaos quilt and fell in love with them all over again. Suddenly, I want to find more and make everything with them:


I also pulled and cut fabrics for the baby quilt I'm making


pieced it (I don't have a picture of the full top on the computer) and will take it to Jackie on Monday:


And I posted about my finished Color Box Quilt:


I hope I can carry that progress into the coming months!

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

January was a very productive month for you!

Dorian said...

Glad you've found time here and there to get some sewing in Karin. I, too, keep my fabric in large pieces, until I want to cut them up. lol But once my scrap bin gets full, I dump it out on the table and cut the pieces into usable shapes/sizes. Have a great day.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Excellent progress in January!

Judy said...

Good for you! Getting some sewing done. I seem to make lots of blocks that don’t get into Quilts!

Chantal said...

I like to keep my scraps in bigger pieces too and cut them up as needed. I love, love, love your stash of low volume. That's a great variety. Gorgeous. Enjoy! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you go!!!

Shelly said...

So much goodness! Great progress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...