Thursday, March 12, 2020

Lately

I've been chipping away at my Jellystone quilt as time allows, but progress is slow. One of my readers requested I share my progress and not wait until I finish the quilt to share. I know I often post when I begin a project and when I finish one and not much in between. I'll try to be better about that. I've been working on HSTs


But sewing time is a little harder to come by lately. Last Friday we shipped out a load of heifers:


And that calls for cookies for the buyer/truck driver (the eggs are for our camp man and his wife):


Then our camp man got hurt so I was called in to help process some heifers:


Yesterday I fixed them(the camp couple, not the heifers. 😄) a Chile Relleno Casserole and today I'm making them some bread because I was told that was their comfort food:


We also took our sweet new stud colt


in to the vet so we could get him cut (here's what he thought about that!)


And we're celebrating a rare green spring with 2 recent rains (0.8 and 0.6 here at the house)


And that caused the Mustard to explode in the yard, growing over a foot in 4 days so the first mowing session of the season took place:


I know it's pretty, but it chokes out the grass and around here, growing grass is a constant struggle:


One Saturday we had a special Brangus Sale at the sale barn and then we had the Angus sale this past Saturday plus our regular Monday sales so that cuts into the week a little, but I really like my job and the paycheck helps support my quilting habit so I'm not complaining. 😉

                              

So my sewing time has drastically diminished, and when I DO get back in there, I think I'll be spending more time with my iron than my sewing machine:


12 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Look at that GREEN grass! Not much green around here this time of year. It does look like your iron is going to be busy for awhile.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your horse... he's too funny!!
But the cookies and the casserole now yum!!
Hope Camp man gets better fast!!

Sherri C. said...

Those rolls look so good!

Sherrill said...

How come the stud colt got cut? (Assume he wasn't neutered since he's a stud). That's really mean posting pix of those rolls..they made me drool a little. Is the chili relleno recipe on your site? (they weren't in alphabetical order so didn't wanna scroll and scroll in case it's not there).

Shepherdess55 said...

It's nice to see something green and growing even if it's a weed. Like Tired Teacher, not much green where I live.

Donna said...

Those rolls made my mouth water!!! I can imagine eating one with lots of butter and honey!!! Yummy!!!

Shelly said...

Those rolls look so good! I just got home from the store with all the fixins for that Hamburger soup. We'll see how it goes!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I'd say you are on the busy side of life right now!! Yummy looking rolls....can almost smell them. Did the horse stick out his tongue before or after becoming a gelding?? 😬😬 I'm sure he thinks you deserved it!! Your wild mustard is ahead of ours. It's up but not blooming. Heading to the sewing machine and will think about you!!

Chantal said...

Always busy as ever! I'm surprise your sewing room gets visited at that pace. Enjoy the green grass. It will be a long while still before I get to see anything green around here. ;^)

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the paint brush laying next to the fly swatter on your desk???? The fly swatter I can understand in a cow barn........but the paint brush has me perplexed! Carol in Texas

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Carol in Texas - I don't have a contact e-mail for you so I am unable to answer your question. I'm hoping you'll see my reply here. :)
The paintbrush is in constant use as the cattle often kick large amounts of dirt and other lovely extras from the ring up on to our work area and into our laps and hair and ears and.... So we use the paintbrushes to brush off our computers and work surfaces. It's not too bad unless they sling wet stuff. LOL

Janet O. said...

You have such a busy life, I am always surprised at how much you do accomplish in the sewing room--whether with your machine or at the ironing board.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...