Saturday, May 7, 2022

Gingham Baby Quilt Finish

 A few years ago I made these 2 little quilts for a friend's sweet set of twin granddaughters:

Gingham Baby Quilts

And while I was at it, I also pieced one in purple:

I think I found these prints at Hobby Lobby years ago and often they have the same prints forever, but I never did see see these again. They came in these three colorways and I thought they were very sweet. I love the simplicity of gingham and I think these prints were just right for this pattern:

I had a little extra of the purple so I added another couple of rows to this one, making it 40" x 48":


I pieced the back with the last of the paisley and added some gingham to finish things up 

before handing it off to Jackie to let her do what she does so well - bring my quilt tops to life:

                                             

I pulled a solid purple from my stash for the binding

Then I waited for my lilac bush to bloom because I thought it would make a pretty picture, but we're in desperate need of rain and although I water it, I think it's waiting for rain  so no lilacs this year. Even the little apricot tree didn't want to bloom:

Another sweet baby quilt 

waiting in the wings for the arrival of a little girl this summer:



5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Such a sweet and adorable quilt for a little one. I’ve always loved gingham.

Joy in NW Iowa said...

Beautiful baby quilts! Glad to hear from you! I was worried about you with all he firs in the sea! Happy quilting and ranching,

Treadleworks said...

I also love ginghams! Makes such wonderful quilts and little girl items!

Theona said...

The twins sleep with their quilts every night and take them with them whenever they come to visit! Well loved and appreciated. :)

Sally Langston Warren said...

Love this purple one too! I saved photos from your previous post on the first two because I wanted to keep the inspiration at hand. They are all so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...