Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Quilts I Hope to Work On In 2023

I'm an avid list maker and this is usually my first list of the New Year. As per every year, it's subject to change, but it gives me a good starting point. I wasn't able to finish everything on last year's list, so some of those are rolled over.

1. Plaid Tail Feathers - this one is a roll over from last year, but it's quilted and I hope to start working on the binding in the next few days.


2. HST Chaos - this one is still at Jackie's, but once I get it back, it's just a matter of binding


3. Black & Pink Spring Splash - this was on last year's list too. It needed a backing before I handed it over to Jackie and Sandy and I still need to do that.


4. Plus a Nine-Patch - This one is at Jackie's


5. Sweet Menagerie - This one is there as well.


6. Farmer's Market - This too, was on last year's list. I needed to make a backing for it and I did that so it too, is in line at Jackie's.


7. Winter Blues - Another roll-over from last year's list, but this has been my leader-ender project so it's moving forward slowly


8. Follow Your Heart - Another one from last year, but I've made some progress and all the hearts are cut out and have been pressed to the blocks - next up: stitching around them.


9. An I Spy Quilt for our Granddaughter - she's turning 2 this year and I'm aiming to have this one ready for her birthday so I had better get started


10. A commission quilt for a friend using the Branded Collection from Sweetwater


11. A requested blue & green quilt for our son and his family - I haven't settled on a pattern, but I'm thinking something along these lines

12. A  requested flannel quilt for our daughter and her family using these. These flannels are incredibly buttery-soft and after seeing the one I made last year, she asked for a similar one

13. On Deck - I just need to hand stitch the binding to the back on this one

14. Set Sail - (Same fabric - different quilt)This one needs binding as well

15. Scrap Basket - All of these blocks are finished so the next step is getting them stitched into a top

16. A Christmas quilt because my bin of Christmas fabrics won't close 

*I seem to finish about 12 quilts each year so if I finish all of these I'd be surprised, and that doesn't leave me much room for those new projects that catch my eye through the year, but this is just a framework for me. Things will get shuffled around because life happens, but working on quilts brings me joy and there will always be room for that!

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It sounds like you're going to be busy binding when the long armed quilts return to the ranch. You've got some pretty quilts planned, hope you are able to find time to piece them, happy stitching!

Deanna said...

I made a Christmas quilt (two, actually) for the same reason: bin wouldn't close. It is a good motivation.

Lisa said...

I have been in Quilt Drought Land. Your Pictures inspire me. We have 2 new grand daughters and I need to get quilts done for them. Part of my problem is I like to quilt in my dinning room. It has such good natural light. But I am dreading the mess out for all to see. I have 4 quilts from last year that need to go to a quilter. My BFF quilted mine with her long arm and she is now the Director of Ag for the Governor of Nebraska! And I have quilts to bind. That is my least favorite part of quilting. I saw this once: To quilt is human, to finish is divine!
Happy Quilting to you and looking forward to seeing your finished ones.

cityquilter grace said...

gosh so many pretty quilts and projects...had to chuckle about the christmas quilt...those overflowing bins sure to nag at us...lol

Leta said...

I love reading your blog. You and your husband work so hard. Would you mind sharing what the pattern is for the HST quilt in this post. The colors are so happy. Thanks for the recipes and the stories. Thanks.

Meredith in Cincinnati said...

Love that Farmer’s Market quilt! Can’t wait to see it finished!a

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...