Friday, January 27, 2023

Stacking Up

 January got busy, filled up fast and is whizzing by. It's already the 27th and I have yet to set foot in my sewing room. I did pick up a few quilts from Jackie that have been there for a long time. One of them isn't even on my 'to be finished' list I posted earlier this month because I had forgotten about it.

And I have 2 more waiting for binding as well (2 quilts - same fabric) - 1 is partially bound

I could have 5 finishes if I'd just make myself sit down and bind and I actually love binding, but I rarely take the time during the day to do that. However, this quilt is a commissioned quilt (my first) so I am telling myself that it's OK to work on it during the day

And once it's done I can start on the next quilt which is also a commissioned quilt. I have yet to make up my mind on a pattern. I have a few ideas, but I had better settle on something soon.

It's tempting to curl up and bind all day when it's 15° and looks like this outside

We just got a skiff, but we welcome any and all moisture

It doesn't last long around here, but it sure is pretty

3 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ooo, just the thought of snow makes me cold! We're gonna have a few days of pretty darned nippy weather next week. Only wish I could've been leaving NOW for my cruise instead of a couple of weeks from now! Ack! I don't think I could make a commissioned quilt as I like to make em in patterns I like with fabric I like (plus I'm not fast, working on a variety of things at once). I know yours will be so pretty.

Chantal said...

Oh! Look at you ... in the SNOW!! They were calling for 20 inches of snow this week. Want some more? Lol. It didn't come to that but we did get another good 10". Sunday will come with another truckload. I hope they got it wrong again and it will only come with a pick-up truck. I mean, where are we supposed to shovel all this snow? New Mexico?
Enjoy the slow stitches. I love the final stitches on the binding. It's a closure, a goodbye, I need to do by hand. ;^)

Joy VANDENTOP said...

Up here in NW Iowa it has been really white!! Lots of snow this winter but we need the moisture! I picked up a quilt on Wednesday. Actually, I dropped hubby off at the farm show and I went to my favorite quilt store in Dell Rapids, SD, to see my fav ladies and pick up a quilt. They do a beautiful job! Today I am joining Gudrun on GE designs for a quilt along!! Have a good Saturday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...