Monday, February 6, 2023

On Deck Baby Quilt

Probably 5 or 6 years ago, I bought this sailboat collection called On Deck from Craftsy on clearance:


I made this baby quilt a few years ago and finally finished it last year

I put the fabrics away when I originally pieced the top, but a couple years later, I decided it was time to clear out some bins. I pulled these out again and just cut everything into 5" squares. I still think these prints are so cute. I made 3 more quilts and this is one I just finished. I made HST's and set them in a herringbone layout that finishes at 40 x 48

I've always liked this simple design and I'd love to make a biggie-sized, super scrappy one at some point. I backed this one with a matching print that they sold with the fabric at the time

And bound it with a solid blue from from my stash

Sandy quilted it with an all over pattern called Surf's Up that fits it perfectly although it's hard to see:

I've stashed it away in my armoire for the time being. It's so nice to have a few extra quilts made up and ready to gift when a baby arrives. 

I'm currently binding the next little quilt made with these fabrics so that's up next. 

4 comments:

Sherrill said...

The times you've shown the little sailboat quilt, I've always thought it was adorable. And I love the herringbone pattern..would be great for a donation quilt using larger blocks!! Must remember that. LOL

Chantal said...

Simple blocks do make wonderful quilts when they are well done and you did a great job! Congrats! ;^)

Chris said...

You are such an inspiration!! I'm in the process of sorting/cleaning out my sewing room closet and hope to get to stitching soon. Keep inspiring me, please!

cityquilter grace said...

adorable baby quilt..i agree the herringbone is a great pattern...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...