Monday, February 27, 2023

Set Sail Baby Quilt

 Quite a bit going on around here which explains my lack of posts, but all is well. I figured I'd pop in and share my latest quilt finish today because it looked like this outside yesterday

And that is dirt. No fog or moisture. Just dirt. 60 mph sustained winds all the live-long day with 70-80 mph gusts and thankfully it was Sunday and we didn't have 'must-do' projects on our list. I love our little old leaky ranch house, but I'll be shoveling dirt from it today after work and then picking up roof shingles that have blown off of the shed and bunkhouse. We finally saw a little bit of the sky late in the day, but the wind was still howling so I think all of the dirt has simply left the country.

This is the 3rd little quilt I have made with these fabrics. Apparently this desert rat is indulging her inner Jimmy Buffet because that's the only way I can explain why I am drawn to these nautical prints. I bought these from Craftsy a long time ago and I have since learned that it doesn't take that much fabric to make a baby quilt, but I still have 1 more to piece and the bin will be empty.

I backed this one with a blue Minky and it just makes the cuddliest quilts

I love the versatility of HST's.

                                   

This time I appliqued one little boat off center and I love the end result

Sandy quilted it using a pattern called Bubbles and at 48 x 53 it's a nice size for a baby quilt

                             

Another little quilt finish!

8 comments:

Sherrill said...

Eww, that dirt storm looks NASTY! Hope it's all shoveled out now and you're back in business. That little sailboat quilt sure is cute.

Annie said...

The baby quilt is adorable!

ytsmom said...

Really cute quilts. What a good feeling to empty the bin!! Wind, wind, wind. We have it here, too!

Shepherdess55 said...

I can't imagine soil blowing in the wind like you've just experienced. Well actually I can as I think about it. It must be like the ground blizzards we get here where the snow is blown horizontally in strong winds after it has fallen. I hope that there wasn't too much dirt to clean up when the wind died down.

Anita said...

I love following your blog generally but I have particularly enjoyed all the recent quilting posts. You have such a good eye for colour and pattern, and the little sailboat quilt is gorgeous ⛵

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ugh - the wind... I do not envy you that!! hope it goes away soom
Your little Sailboat quilt is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

It seems some of that dust is making its way east. We had a thunderstorm on Sunday evening that produced a “dirty” rain. Time to clean the windows here in northeast Kansas.

Meredith said...

That sailboat quilt is SO cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...