Monday, August 14, 2023

Raspberry Streusel Muffins

I haven't been doing a lot of baking lately. In fact, truth be told, I haven't been doing ANY baking lately. It's been over 100° every single day, for months now and  heating up the kitchen has been at the top of my daily not-to-do list. We've grilled and smoked A LOT. I did make Buckaroo Bundles when we had company, but that was an exception. But on Saturday, at 5 a.m., I caved. I made these incredible Raspberry Streusel Muffins from the Smitten Kitchen. And I don't know if they were incredible because I haven't baked anything in months or if they really are that good, but YUM! This is not a sweet muffin and DH said they'd be great with ice cream, but he thinks everything's better with ice cream. 😉 

Click on the link below and whip these up - you won't be sorry!

Raspberry Streusel Muffins

The recipe says it makes 6 huge muffins, but there was no way I could stuff all the batter into 6 muffin tins. My batch made 10 and it was a struggle to not eat all of them Saturday morning, but it was worth holding back because they were just as wonderful on Sunday morning.

These are a keeper and if her blueberry muffins are as good as these are, I'm going to nominate her for Muffin Queen. Maybe we'll cool off before Christmas so I can turn on the oven again and try them, but for now I'm going to be gracious and let DH have the last Raspberry Muffin. This is the man who always cuts the last banana in half so we can share it so I'm pretty sure he'll let me have a bite of the last muffin. 💕


6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

They look delicious! I've been baking this summer for a change, air conditioning makes a huge difference! Happy stitching if you have any time.

Violet said...

I get it...it's been 90 or more here in Florida for the last month. Factoring in humidity, the heat index is in the 100's. I have a small toaster oven I use but other than that, it's stove top or eat out!

Janna and Mike said...

I follow Smitten Kitchen on Facebook and saw this recipe but assumed it required fresh raspberries which I won't buy because they are just stupid expensive up here in Montana right now $6.99 for a tiny container. I took the time to read the recipe this morning and with your rave reviews intend to make these!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Husband is RIGHT!! haha - everything is better with Ice Cream!!
THose muffins look yummy!

Shepherdess55 said...

.....but he thinks everything's better with ice cream. If I didn't know better, I'd say he grew up in Wisconsin. :-)

Lisa said...

I feel so bad for you with the extreme heat. I can't imagine how hard it is on everything. Those Muffins look delicious and I am going to give them a try! I like to take something to work for the girls during our report time to start off the day. Usually I do cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins or maybe a coffee cake. These would be something different.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...