Friday, August 11, 2023

Under the Needle : July

 Still trying to catch up so I'm a little late, but thus far, my July projects have spilled over into August. Too many trips to town in July made me seek refuge in my sewing room the second half of the month. I cut and pieced a special baby quilt that I'm keeping under wraps for the time being, but suffice it to say I am smitten with those ducks!

                                

I've got plans for another Gingham quilt

And I spent a lot of time pulling and cutting and sewing fabrics for the blue-green quilts I posted about previously. 

110 blocks stitched and trimmed and sewn into a top 

And 65 blocks sewn and trimmed  with 130 different fabrics for the 2nd quilt - I just kind of threw these out on the bed to get an idea of where I was headed

I'm going to need a lot more so I've been sorting through my scraps and bins again and having such fun matching up pieces for additional blocks 

This blue-green obsession has created a huge mess so at some point I'm going to have to stop and get things back under control, but for the time being I'm just having too much fun!

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You've got some pretty quilts planned. The quilt with the triangles is awesome! Happy stitching!

Shepherdess55 said...

The blue-green combination is pretty. Reminds me of chicory and forget-me-not plants when they're blooming.

Chantal said...

I love a blue and green quilt. Yours are looking great so far. I'm in love with your duck fabric too. Enjoy! ;^)

Momma Llama said...

The duck fabric that you chose for the quilt is absolutely adorable. Any chance you can share information on the maker/designer or where you found it? I always like to have a stash of juvenile/infant fabrics on hand for quilts and quilting projects.

smithcindyk said...

Love your blue/green quilt. What is the size of the individual half square? Would also love to know who designed the duck fabric. So cute.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are such great projects... and sometimes... that quilting is just what you need to set us back on track! Oh my gosh - that duck fabric is adorable!!!

cityquilter grace said...

wow two color quilts awesome...and raspberry muffins on my list to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...