Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Project Progress

 I've been enjoying some time in my sewing room over the past week, but after working on 3 blue-green quilts, I found myself left with a colossal, jumbled mess and I needed to set things to rights before I could move forward.

After making 3 pretty good-sized quilts, you would think there would be a noticeable space in my bins, but I have yet to find it. I will admit to adding a few new pieces - not enough to offset what I used, but a quilter ought not to complain about having an abundance of fabric. I hope the quilts I make bring people joy and one can never have too much of that!

So, the projects continue! I pieced another gingham quilt

Made the bindings, pressed the tops and backings for 2 of the blue-green quilts

Pulled fabric and made the scrappy binding for my Americana Hourglass quilt

And pulled out my potholder bin

I've got to get some made for gifts. Some were already partially made, but I need to finish those and make more. The original idea came from Deanna over at Wedding Dress Blue years ago and I'm betting I've made more than 50 sets of these through the years. I'll include the link to her tutorial below:

                                                            String Potholders

I'm keeping them somewhat categorized into floral, safari, chickens, western, wine and coffee. That pretty much covers everyone in my circle. LOL

So a new mess is about to transpire - let the fun begin!



3 comments:

Janna and Mike said...

Thanks for the potholder tutorial! I lost my quilting mojo several years ago and this summer sold my longarm. Just last week I ordered a quilting pattern I saw on a Facebook site--I thought to myself--this quilt could just make me want to quilt again! We will see!

Robin said...

I finished a quilt top recently and was expecting my two bins of fabric to be a lot less full. I could get the lid on one but the other one is still bulging. It sure feels like I'm using up things while I sew but my storage doesn't look any different. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how you get things done! I need to fine-tune my pot holder making; they seem to end up too big and too stiff. Always something....

Ceci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...