Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Taco Pizza

 I only had 4 extras to feed the other day so I poured some chips into a bowl, made salsa, guacamole, queso, and this Taco Pizza. I've made this for us before, but never for a crew. They went back for seconds and still had room for apple pie and ice cream for dessert before they rolled back out the door. I guess pizza is always a hit and this is a fun variation on traditional pizza. I made 2 pizzas, but I'll just give you the ingredients for one.

Taco Pizza

Pizza crust

1 lb ground beef

1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (I make my own)

1/2 chopped onion

1 can refried beans

1/2 C chopped green chile

2 C sharp cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese blend

 sliced black olives

 pickled jalapenos

salsa

*Brown ground beef with chopped onion and taco seasoning. In separate saucepan, warm refried beans and stir in chopped green chile. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake pizza crust for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread beans over pizza crust. Top with ground beef, cheese, olives, and pickled jalapenos. Pop back into oven just to warm through. Like any pizza, you can add whatever you like. I'm thinking a little bit of chopped red onion. Serve with salsa.

I don't recall where I found this recipe. I usually make a note on the recipe card, but neglected to do so for this one. 

I don't have a pizza stone, but I've got a big cast iron pizza pan that I love. We're a crispy, thin crust pizza family and cast iron turns out a perfect pizza every time. I also have a wonderful homemade pizza crust recipe a dear lady shared with me, but your favorite recipe or I'll bet the Pillsbury pizza crust would work too. 

2 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

Thank you for the mention of using a cast iron pizza pan. I have a large cast iron pan with a very thin lip on the edge, so maybe it’s a pizza pan…..at least I could try using it that way! I just got the ingredients for the raspberry muffins you talked about. Looking forward to trying that recipe!

Chris said...

Mmm, taco pizza! Haven't made one in years, and now you've reminded me. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...