Monday, March 25, 2024

Fishing for a Design

 I've been trying hard to stay focused on my 2024 quilt list, but new projects can be quite bossy. The other day I was sorting through projects on hangers...they all needed something...either a backing or a border or a binding or they were waiting to be quilted. These two fabrics were hanging together

They are from 2 different companies and I've had them for at least 10 years, probably longer. I had partially pieced a row quilt and machine embroidered some fish blocks, thinking I would use the fish fabric for a backing, but the embroidered blocks were a mess. If I recall, I had just started embroidering and I hadn't used the correct stabilizer and they were terribly wrinkled so I tossed them and the pieced rows.

Thankfully, I didn't toss these two fabrics because I still think there is a quilt in there somewhere so I regrouped and dove into my stash

I have ideas, but no plan as of yet, so I'm just going to throw a line in and see what bites. Hopefully it won't be another 10 years. 😂

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those fabrics are very pretty, hopefully you'll come up with a plan soon. Happy stitching!

Pam said...

Beautiful fabrics

Donna said...

Those fabrics all look amazing together! It’s going to make a beautiful quilt. I’m not good with colors. My friend who has since moved away, came over and pulled fabrics that went together. I bagged them up and hopefully will get to them soon to cut out new quilts. I’m trying hard to finish up UFO’s before I start anything new.

Theona said...

Here's the pattern that immediately came to mind when I saw the fabric. https://www.freshlypieced.com/blog/2012/12/hey-look-its-free-pattern.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...