Saturday, March 30, 2024

Under the Needle: March

I'm showing my age when I fuss about time passing so quickly. I read a line in the book I'm currently reading that said, "She woke up feeling 6 days older than dirt" and it made me laugh, but here we are again at the end of another month. Here's a recap of  projects I worked on this month. Let's begin with new projects because although I have no business beginning new projects, they always manage to find their way in. I've been trying to sort through and reorganize my fabric this year. I have a healthy stash (code word for A LOT) and I love shopping from it when I'm contemplating my next project. 

 I will often begin with an inspiration fabric and then pull lots of coordinates from that stash. It's one of my favorite parts of the process. That's what I did this month with a favorite print that sparked a new project. I made 65 16-patch blocks and 7 star blocks this month and stitched them into a top:

I did that again when I pulled more fabric for this project which I still haven't decided on. For now, it's just a pile of fabric that wants to be a quilt

I also cut and pieced the top for a "Corn" quilt for our granddaughter and dropped it off to be quilted. It was on my list of quilts to make this year so it gets a pass


I pieced the top (I made the blocks in February) and the binding for this quilt that I am making for our son-in-law. I still need to piece the backing.

                                     

I picked up 2 quilts from Jackie and Sandy the other day. I stitched the binding to the front of both of them so they will be my binding projects for April:

This month I finished binding this Lily and Will baby quilt that I posted about here

And I have a second bonus finish this month with this Buckaroo Quilt that I shared here other day


 I'm trying to stay focused on my 2024 list and this month I felt like progress was made. Much of April and May will find me busy elsewhere so I figured I'd still be moving projects forward if I had tops ready to hand off to Sandy for quilting.

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You have very pretty quilts started and planned. I love the buckaroo quilt, I never realized how nice turquoise and brown look together. Happy stitching!

Donna said...

You got a ton of quilting done on top of cooking; cleaning; working at the sale barn; working on the ranch; etc!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Lovely fabrics and neat quilts being made with them--
and now you have to find yellow fabrics to work with for April--so more fun ahead--
I need to do a 'deep' hoe out I think--not sure where all the lovely's come from but they do add up---
hugs, and Happy Easter--diane

cityquilter grace said...

ooh love that fish fabric...so darn cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...