Monday, March 11, 2024

Lilly and Will Row Quilt

This Lilly and Will from Bunny Hill fabrics was one of the first lines I bought when I started making quilts which was in 2007 so these fabrics are well-aged. I don't even remember what I bought, but apparently is was a lot because I have made a lot of quilts with it. I really like the combination of pink and brown. The collection also included a blue and brown colorway that I used to make 2 baby boy quilts, but I still had pink leftovers and this little row quilt is the latest in my Lilly and Will series. I've always liked row quilts and just tried to work with what I had left

I pieced this probably 7 or 8 years ago, but only recently handed it off to Jackie and apparently I didn't take any in-progress photos. 

This soft, muted pink Minky is a great match for this shade of pink

                                         

and I chose the coordinating dot for the binding


The name of the quilting design escapes me, but Jacque and Sandy always  do a beautiful job. This little quilt finishes at 50" x 56"

The trees are just beginning to leaf out with the promise of Spring 

It makes me laugh that I felt the need to buy so much when I first started quilting and I think I've made 5 or 6 quilts using this fabric, but I still love it and hopefully the quilts are loved as well

5 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable! The muted pink is so calming. Love minky backing too.

Joy in NW Iowa said...

Beautiful! Love the soft pink!
It is suppose to get to 72 here today! March 11? Yikes! Not a good thing! Wish it would rain! It is so dry here!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Super cute!!!

Theona said...

That was the first set of charm packs I purchased when I started quilting! I made mine in a blue colorway and it's still one of my favorite quilts.

Betty said...

Sweet as can be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...