Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Change of Plans

We spent most of this past weekend prepping for a week of cow works. Yesterday was a busy day at the sale barn and then I planned on feeding the crew for 4 days, with a long day working the Horse Sale on Saturday. Our local quilt show is this weekend and I didn't see any way I was going to find time to even stick my head in the door.

Y'all already know that around here, our plans are often dictated by the weather and with a forecast like this:


our plans have changed. Thankfully, we cancelled before I loaded up with mountains of groceries. And we're praying that we actually get to put these to the test the next couple of days:


The county's been out for 3 weeks working on the road.


This is the first road we've ever lived on that was maintained. I made the maintenance crew a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies last week. DH said they sure did brag on 'em, but I can't have people hanging around the ranch and not bake something for them.

So, with the change in plans, I have a bit of time to play:


I'm hoping to get the last 2 pieced borders on my Granny Square quilt and get a backing made for it today. And here's hoping the good Lord brings us a gully washer! I won't even complain if it's too wet to go to the quilt show!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

My Mom used to bake treats for road crews, mailmen, and guys at the parts and feed stores. They LOVED to see her.

Ranchmom said...

I so hope y'all are blessed with some beneficial rain. I have to admit though, I am a bit jealous of your high and low temperatures. I can't wait until we get there around December:)

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Hope you get rain:) I was thinking I would be feeding silage cutters for a few days but now they aren't coming til next week. Just gotta go with the flow:)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love time to play ( and catch up on my friends) so ... did you get rain?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...