Thursday, September 25, 2014

When the People Are Away


Ever wonder what your pets are up to when you're not looking?  DH and I walked into the house the other day and this is what we saw:


Our girl left one of her cats here when she headed back to school. She's pretty much the perfect cat. She is sweet, likes to stay outside at night (which is why our girl didn't take her back with her) and comes in to sleep all day...unless she hears the sewing machine. Then she wakes up and assumes her sewing assistant duties.  She follows me around when we're both outside and she gets along with the rest of the feline barn crew. I love this cat.

When we walked in, she was perched atop the buffet, had these two cattle feed tags between her paws, and seemed for all the world to be studying them intensely. We burst out laughing and she glared at us as if she didn't appreciate the interruption, and then went back to her inspection of the ingredients. 

Wonder if I can convince her to tend to our taxes.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

I love it! What a great photo.

Vickie said...

That's too funny !

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Too funny - now teach her to cook lol

Shelly said...

That is hysterical! Did she offer up any advice about a new feed formulation?

NancyA said...

Priceless!

Doniene said...

Almost the prrrrrrfect cat!! Reminds me of our Callie!

Blessings and hugs!

Mary E. Stephens said...

That is so funny! Gotta love cats. They sure to add some humor to life along with the comfort and luxury. (I own a fur coat; I just let my cat wear it.) :-)

Nancy said...

She appears to be a very well-educated cat, Karin, but I'd say, by all appearances, that words are her preference and strength, not numbers.

Denise :) said...

ROFL! What a great capture!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...