Friday, June 8, 2018

Orange Creamsicle Dessert

I tried a new recipe on Thursday and it received the cowboy seal of approval...16 thumbs up, which means I am adding it to my permanent recipe file and sharing it with ya'll. They even asked if they could have it again today. This is a good one ya'll!

It's been hot here and this dessert is perfect for those scorching summer days. And it's easy. It's really just a glorified ice cream dessert, but it's so refreshing.


I found it on Pinterest and here's the link to the original recipe:


I'm just posting an abbreviated one here for my records and I want to give credit and thanks to Norine at Norine's Nest because I had a crew of happy cowboys on Thursday.

Ingredients:

1 package Mother's Coconut Cocades
16 oz of Cool Whip
1 qt orange sherbert
1 qt vanilla ice cream
Mandarin Orange slices

Crush cookies into fine crumbs. Reserve 1 C of cookie crumbs for top of dessert. Split remaining crumbs in 1/2. Mix 1/2 of the cookie crumbs with 8 oz of Cool Whip. Spread in bottom of 9 x 13" pan. Freeze until firm. Mix sherbert and vanilla ice cream just enough to incorporate together, but still leave some streaks of the orange and vanilla. Spread over  the crust. Mix the remaining cookie crumbs with the 2nd 8 oz of Cool Whip and spread over sherbert-ice cream mixture. Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs over top of dessert. Cover and Freeze overnight.


Here's a photo of the cookies. You can use Macaroons too, but all I found was these:


Norine's dessert is prettier with whipped cream, mandarin orange slices and mint, but I didn't fancy mine up for the crew although next time I will probably add the orange slice and maybe a dollop of Cool Whip. They might balk at the sprig of mint. Cowboys are skeptical of anything green. 😄

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

LOL, love the explanation of why you'll skip the mint.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yummmmmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...