We had our monthly meeting on Saturday, but I didn't make it in. We're all making 13 blocks using 30's prints. Yes, that's an odd number, but that's how many members we have. Our Captain 😊 told me that some folks are making extra blocks and we will exchange them in August. I'll probably make a few more too. It'll be fun to see how we all set our blocks. I know for a fact that I'll not follow the original layout. Not that I don't like it - I just want to play around and see where that leads.
On Tuesday I dug back into my Scrap Dance Waltz project bin.These were put on the back burner last year, but I had a hankering to play with these 30's prints again:
I've also needed to come up with a backing for my Buckaroo Plus Quilt. The only fabric I had enough of is pretty dark. It's the top fabric in the photo below:
I looked around online, but I really want to use something I have and an idea came to me as I was washing dishes yesterday. I'll still use the dark print, but I'm going to mix it up a bit. For now, all you get is chicken scratch, but I'm hoping it'll all pan out.
I also made the binding and stitched it to the front of the Honey Man Quilt today and will work on getting it stitched to the back as soon as the temps fall below 110°:
And that's a wrap from my sewing room for the time being. I'm missing ya'lls comments! I sure hope Blogger finds a fix soon, but I'll still reply to your comments if I have your email.