Friday, May 15, 2020

More Menu Chatter

Ya'll probably don't give a hoot about what I fix for the crew, but I wanted to keep a record of it. When I looked around online for recipes other ranch wives fix for their crews, I kind of came up empty handed, but good food is good food and that's all that really matters. I've picked the brain of my ranch wife posse and we've all shared our favorites through the years so I think I've got a pretty good collection of tried and true recipes from which to choose. And no, you don't have to be a ranch wife to be a good cook. I know ya'll all have treasured recipes in your arsenal. Some of you have shared your favorites through the years and they have become my favorites as well. Thank you!

It just feels like I'm always fixing the same old thing. My boys aren't picky. Don't think I've ever had a picky crew in 33 years of doing this. The only thing thing these boys ever asked me not to ever fix was Banana Pudding. And my friend, Cheree, says her crew LOVES Banana Pudding. They would stage a mutiny if she didn't fix it. So go figure. I guess if I want Banana Pudding I'll just go to her house! 😄

Wednesday's breakfast menu included breakfast pizza, biscuits (yes, I make a lot of biscuits), bacon, pecan pie mini muffins, and fruit.
Dinner was Mexican Lasagna, homemade salsa, taquitos (not homemade 😉), corn, pimento cheese jalapenos, and salad. Strawberry Shortcake Dessert for dessert. This is one of my favorite summer desserts:


I posted the recipe here: Strawberry Shortcake Dessert. I should replace that awful photo at some point.


And gallons of iced tea. It was after 2 p.m. when they came in for dinner. Breakfast was at 4 a.m. They were thirsty (97° today) - DH does carry a big cooler with bottles of water for everyone. And hungry. So it didn't matter what was on the menu. It was amazing. LOL.

Around here we always say the difference between a good meal and a great meal is about 3 hours. 😄

5 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ooo, the pecan pie muffins reminded me of a mix I used to buy from one of those home sales groups. They were SO GOOD but of course not available anymore. Your meals sound fab and I always love to hear about them. But I can't imagine those goofs not wanting banana pudding?!! HA

Shelly said...

I love that you post what you fix, cos it gives me ideas, and I know they're already Cowboy-approved, which helps me even more, since My Cowboy IS picky! Several of my favorites are ones you've posted -- so thanks! And keep it up!

Kathy C said...

My grandma always said, "Hunger makes good sauce." I like your comparison of three hours :)

Carol said...

your comment that it seems you are always fixing the same old things was surprising to me! I remember some time back you posted a list of all the dishes you prepare and it was very lengthy! I was amazed at all the variety. I am so glad you post the recipes. I've cooked for my family (and lots of friends) for 50 years and always looking for recipes others like.

Unknown said...

Carol - your comment made me chuckle. I posted that list a long time ago, but I still refer to it often for ideas. It's posted on the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets. I need to update it because I have added a few new favorites to my collection. It sounds as if we're in the same boat - we're always on the lookout for new things to fix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...