Saturday, January 27, 2024

Red & White Fabric Swap

 Besides this blog, an occasional peek on Instagram (I used to post there, but stopped years ago - I just felt like it took up too much time for me), and just recently I've watched a few pieces on You Tube, I don't participate in Social Media. It wears me out. I probably miss a lot, but my hermit personality just needs less information. The kids usually reach out if there's something I need to know and phone calls and texts are good too. 

That being said, a post popped up on Instagram (Julia @Redrainboots) late last year for a Red & White Fabric Swap and it caught my eye. I've been wanting to make a red & white quilt for a long time and I've been collecting fabrics for 5 or 6 years, adding them to a bin so I added my name to 5 of the groups. 1 yard of fabric, cut into 5" squares per group.

These were my contribution

1. Faye Burgos - Marcos Fabrics 

2. Tidings of Great Joy - J. Wecker Frisch - Quilting Treasures

3. Gingham Picnic - Poppy Cotton

4. Sunshine Chamomile - Poppy Cotton

5. Sunshine Chamomile - Poppy Cotton

So many fun fabrics arrived! I have a lot of that white on white plaid that I think I'll use as a background. It's been a while since I've used a single fabric for a background - I don't know if I can do it. LOL.

There are 4 (5") squares of 70 different fabrics. Who knew there were so many different red fabrics! I've started pulling a few reds from my stash as well and cutting squares to add.

 Julia has 3 children and the 4 of them worked together and I was so impressed with their organization and implementation of everything related to the swap. Well done!

Julia is also hosting a quilt-along for this quilt

 but I'm probably not going to be able to stay on schedule. I may just make HSTs as leader enders and settle on a layout later. There is no shortage of  red fabric here so I'm leaning towards a classic hourglass quilt too. I like the variation of low volume prints in this one

or I may just piece a simple patchwork quilt like this one although that much white probably isn't a good match for our dirt road lifestyle.

Or maybe I'll just make them all! đŸ˜‰

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

They're all pretty quilts, go for them all then you wont' have to decide between them. Happy stitching!

Donna said...

Your red fabrics together will make a beautiful quilt. A red/white and a blue/ white quilt on both on my bucket list. Some day hopefully!

Lindah said...

Beautiful reds! Nothing like a collection of reds on an overcast winter day. So many possibilities. With all that beauty at hand, you can't go wrong. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Years ago I planned to make a red and white quilt. I had such a good time collecting fat quarters that I have made 4 different "scrappy " quilts and I'm sure I could make three more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...