Thursday, January 4, 2024

Quilts on the Horizon for 2024

 I'm a consummate list maker. I edit them as needed, but they help me stay on track when life gets crazy and a new quilt list to kick off the new year is one of my favorites. This is a combination of UFOs, quilts that have been requested, and quilts I just hope to make. 

1. Black & Pink Spring Splash Baby Quilt - This has been on the list for a few years and it's silly because I just needed to hand it off to Jackie & Sandy, but other quilts seem to get there first.

2. Winter Blues - I don't think I touched this at all last year so we'll give it another shot this year, because making these little scrappy blocks was fun.

3. Follow Your Heart - I rarely buy kits, but this was a kit offered by Sweetwater that I bought years ago. I love the taupe mixed in with the red and white. I need to applique around the hearts and then piece the top. Hopefully I can move this one forward.

4. Flannel Quilt - Another one from last year's list, but not really a UFO because it's still just 2 Layer Cakes. Our girl requested this one after seeing how soft and cozy the Farmhouse Quilt was that I made for her Daddy.  

                           

5. Scrap Baskets - yep, another leftover from last year. It's at Jackie's

6. Christmas Quilt (or 2) - technically, this isn't a UFO, but it was on last year's list and I didn't get to it so we'll shoot for this year - I'm leaning towards using an 8" economy block for one and framed squares for another. Both requests by the chiddlers.


7. Love You S'more I - Finally something new on the list. A camping quilt! I love this collection and found a Fat Quarter Pack on a great sale as well as  Layer Cakes for $15.00! 

8. Love You S'more II - I need 2 camping quilts! 😉

                                      

9. Texas Longhorn Quilt for our Son-in-law - so far it's just a pile of fabric. P.S. I wonder if there's anything in the Texas A&M bylaws that forbids me to make a Longhorn quilt. I wouldn't want to put my diploma at risk of being revoked, but I love Kenny so I'll chance it. 😉

10. Americana Quilt - pieced and in line to hand off to Jackie

11. Meet Me in Margaritaville - partially pieced and stashed away in a bin waiting it's turn. This is the third of my blue-green quilt trilogy.

12. Pooh's Corner - I have always had a soft spot for Winnie the Pooh and it was passed down to the chiddlers and now to the grandchildren so a Pooh quilt is a given. Another project that's just a pile of fabric at the moment.

13. Unicorn Quilt - our granddaughter is enamored with 'Corns' and I've had this fabric in my stash for years for such a time as this. I'd better get to this one before the Corn phase passes.😉

14. Meadow Friends - I bought this fabric years ago when it was on clearance for $5.00 and I've always wanted to make a quilt using it. I have enough fabric for numerous quilts, but 1 quilt is a good start. After all these years, I still love this fabric.

15.  S'mores Quilt - made the first block for this one in 2013 and just picked it back up in November of last year. 

16. Farmhouse Chic Quilt - saw this in a local quilt shop a few years ago and loved the faded, shabby look of it. 

17. Adventure Lies Ahead (Tyler & Steph) - the kids asked for a couch quilt and I pulled everything together last fall, but never got it made. It's a priority this year.

18. Last October I received a text from our girl with a link to this fabric from the Line Snuggle Season. It made me smile - reading between the lines and after a series of texts, a fall cuddle quilt has now been added to the list.

19. The Old Dirt Road - This isn't a UFO yet, but I've had this pattern and fabric in a bin for several years - unlike so many folks, I love brown and with a name like Old Dirt road I HAVE to make it! Last November I pilfered a few strips of some of the prints for my S'mores quilt and it renewed my desire to make this one. Mine will be more scrappy.

20. Out to Sea - this is one of 3 blue-green quilts I started in an attempt to whittle away at my blue and green bins because they were too full to close. I'm currently working on the binding.

21. Framed Squares - this is the 2nd blue-green quilt. It's been pieced and is up next in the binding que.

22. Another Bunny Hill - This is one of the first collections I bought and I've made 3 or 4 quilts with it. Apparently, I overbought. LOL. Using the leftovers in the bin, I made a row quilt and it's at Jackie's waiting to be quilted and yes, I pressed it before I handed it over to her. 😉

23. Ranch Life - This one was started in May of 2018. It was a fun way to use up leftovers from another quilt and it's time to get it finished - it's at Jackie's as well.

24. Songbook - This is pieced and waiting for me to cut the backing and hand it off to Jackie & Sandy (our girl claimed it when she was visiting and saw it pieced).

25. Pink Gingham - I'm still smitten with gingham quilts so it's a given this list would include at least one. This is pieced and ready to hand off to Jackie & Sandy

I honestly did not expect this list to be so long! And I am under no illusions -  there is no way these will all be finished by the end of the year! I'll just take one stitch at a time and focus on the quilts the chiddlers have requested. I love that they want quilts in their lives and ask for them. Good thing we just have 2 though because between the two of them and grandbabies, 11 of the quilts on this list are for them! 😂

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I hope you have time to complete a third of the projects! Happy stitching!

Donna said...

It’s good to set the quilting bar high! I do the same thing and if I get half of them done I feel successful. Love all your fabrics and looking forward to seeing them as quilts!

Kara Kwilts said...

WOW!!! That is just over 2 a month. It would never happen for me. More power to you! I really like the projects you have picked out to do. Some are so close to the finish line, finishes on those will be so inspiring. You are so inspiring to me. So glad for all your grandbabies, and babies (no matter how old they are).
Have a great day!!!
Kara

Nanette said...

Your projects are inspiring! You have such a great eye for fabrics and patterns to show them off! Looking forward to seeing your 2024 progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...