Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yes ~ Finally! First Photos With My New Digital SLR

Ok ~ I have heeded your requests. I am finally getting acquainted with my new camera. I ventured out this afternoon, even passing up a Sunday afternoon nap, in an attempt to capture something worth sharing. Y'all aren't any more patient than I am!

I didn't capture anything spectacular, but I did reclaim my spot behind the camera and it felt like catching up with an old friend. It felt so good to get back behind the lens. I did learn that I need a bigger card ~ I'm using my old 256 card and while it held over 400 photos in my old camera, it only holds 72 in this new one. That's not going to cut it. I want to start shooting in RAW mode and those files are huge.

So this is what I captured this afternoon. I've still got so much to learn, but I can't wait to really learn about all the modes and settings this camera has hidden away. These are just straight out of the camera.
Who says that a dog is man's best friend?
I am loving my zoom lens!
I think I want to play around with this one and convert it to sepia:


Yes, I am posting a photo of a fence post and barbed wire. I was working on my assignment for the photography class I'm working through and I was playing with aperture:

A moment between friends:

I really liked the composition and color in this shot:

Suppertime!


Now that I have taken the plunge, I can start stalking everyone again!

4 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Good job. I can't wait to see the pictures when you really learn to use it. That is being said with tongue in cheek. Ha Ha
Ranch Wife

Sara said...

I really like those!

Ranch Wife said...

Ranch Wife ~ well don't hold your breath!

Sara ~ you are too kind. I have printed out some of my photography class lessons ~ would you like copies?

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

OOOOOOooo, I love your pictures!!!! GREAT JOB:) Ummm, I couldn't find it....what camera did you get???

I'm so excited for you!! WOOHOOO!

P.S. I like the 1st comforter set:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...