Monday, June 6, 2022

Breakfast Pizza

 Today I'm sharing another recipe I've been making for a coon's age. I usually remember a recipe's origin, but I haven't a clue where I found this one. These days everything's at our fingertips, but 30 years ago we relied on ourselves, friends and family and old fashioned cookbooks for discovering recipe inspiration. Either way, this one has stood the test of time and I make it whenever I have extras. You can easily add more ingredients if you have more to feed and this heats up beautifully the next morning if you have leftovers. I usually serve it with biscuits, bacon, and fruit. It's also really yummy in a warm tortilla with homemade salsa!

It doesn't have a crust per-say, but it's always been known as Breakfast Pizza around here. 


Breakfast Pizza

1# hot bulk breakfast sausage

1 package O'Brien Hashbrown Potatoes

1/3 C chopped green chilies

8-12 eggs

1 Tbsp Worchestershire

Pepper/Salt

Grated Cheese

*Brown sausage in large skillet. I use a 14" pan. Add potatoes while sausage browns. Once the sausage and potatoes are cooked, stir in green chile. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, Worchestershire, pepper, and salt together. Poor over sausage/potato/chile combination when potatoes and sausage are cooked through. Stir gently until eggs begin to set. Turn heat down to low and cook until eggs are cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges. 

Leftover eggs are generally not appealing, but this is good if you've got leftovers!

3 comments:

Laura K said...

That sounds so good! We get about 9 eggs a day from our chickens, so this sounds like a great way to use up some eggs, too.

Joy in NW Iowa said...

Sounds yummy! I have a recipe that you brown the sausage, set aside then cook veggies of choice like zucchini, onion, broccoli, green pepper, fresh spinach. then you put the sausage and veggie mix in a 9x13 pan and mix up 12 eggs and pour over the mixture and bake at 350 about 30-40 min til set. You may add cheese after if desired but without it’s dairy free. Love breakfast bakes. Our little grandkids don’t always like the veggies so your recipe would be perfect for them! Thanks for sharing.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm going to make this recipe for dinner tomorrow. This recipe will be perfect since I have so many eggs right now. Happy stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...