Monday, June 20, 2022

Oatmeal Scotchies

 Saturday we had the Annual Safari Club Picnic out at the Skeet Range. The meal was catered, but Board members brought desserts. I just baked cookies since whatever we brought had to sit out on a counter. I made Oatmeal Scotchies the night before

I've been making these for a long time. I don't  know when they came out with the Butterscotch Chips, but that's about how long I've been making these. I just use the recipe on the back of the bag, but I add a little more flour because we like a cookie that's a bit more substantial and not so flat. I doubled the recipe and this time I used 1/2 quick oats and 1/2 old fashioned oats.

Oatmeal Scotchies

1 1/2 C flour and I usually add just a little more. (the original recipe calls for 1 1/4 C, but if I don't add more flour, my cookies turn out too flat.)

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 C butter, softened (not melted)

3/4 C sugar

3/4 C firmly packed brown sugar

2 eggs

 1 tsp vanilla 

3 C quick or old fashioned oats 

1 12 oz bag Butterscotch Chips

*Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture, Stir in oats and Butterscotch Chips. Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, but this really varies, depending on your oven and if you prefer a soft cookie or one with a bit of a crunchy edge/tender center.

3 comments:

ytsmom said...

I think butterscotch chips come out early to mid 70's. I remember my mom making Scotchies around that time. Where would we be without them? No Scotcheroos??!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I haven't baked cookies for awhile. I'll be making this recipe, I'm sure the farmer and grandsons will love them!

Unknown said...

These look so delicious. I am going to make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...