Friday, June 10, 2022

New Baby Quilt Project

 Our girl asked me to make a quilt for a sweet friend expecting her first baby. She said they are decorating in a soft color palette, reminiscent of Peter Rabbit. I have a lot of fabric, but for the most part, pastels are  lacking so when I saw this Bramble Patch collection I thought it would be perfect. I initially bought a Layer Cake

Such sweet prints!

but once I settled on a design, I purchased a fat quarter pack on a 30% off sale as well as a few different cuts to finish things off. I cut everything into 5" squares in order to make the best use of the Layer Cake and I am alternating them with pinwheels. I hope it turns out the way I am picturing it. 

And yes, I'm going to have lots of leftovers, but that's a good thing because I think there a few more baby quilts hiding in here

But for the time being, pinwheel-ing continues!

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those fabrics are so pretty! This is going to be a wonderful baby quilt. It's interesting how some people want a soft colored baby quilt and some people want BRIGHTS! Whatever, happy stitching!

Theona said...

Lovely! I've admired that fabric too.

Anonymous said...

I know it will be perfect! Lucky baby and Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...