Friday, October 12, 2012

Glorious Morning

As much as I often lament the fact that I miss my Texas Mountains, I must confess that NM sunsets and sunrises are spectacular and hard to beat. It always amazes me that I can take these kinds of shots and get this right out of the camera:

But I can't take any credit for it. God provides the scene. All I do is press the shutter button. Still, it thrills me every time.

Last night we had a very disgruntled storm blow through. It grumbled and flashed and filled the sky with an amazing light show. I opened one eye, but was much too cozy, snuggled under the quilts to open the second eye. I fell back asleep with a happy and thankful heart at the sound of rain drumming upon the roof.  We had 1.2" a few days a go and another .8" last night. 1.6" just to the east of the house in Antelope Pasture and even more east of that pasture. If we have a late freeze, this just may be our saving grace this winter.

This is what I found this morning when I went out to let my chickens out:

  I was excited to have the chance to pull these on:


The chickens looked a bit perplexed

And confused:

 and conversed amongst themselves as chickens are wont to do:


I didn't hang around long enough for them to come to a consensus although I think Sarah had better be prepared because it looks as if her coop mates just might push her in:


because there were puddles to welcome:

And a sun to salute:


And horses to greet:


Good Morning sweet boy:


9 comments:

Quiltn Mama said...

We have mountains in Texas? Beautiful pictures...send some of that rain our way!

Denise :) said...

Lovely sunsets and sunrises! I love the walk through the ranch to greet the chickens and horses (and puddles!) Yay for puddle boots!! And yay for a Creator who paints such beautiful pictures for us on His sky canvas! :)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Love the ingenuity that keeps the critters out of the chicken house and the chickens in!!!! We've done a little of that engineering ourselves.

It's a foggy Saturday morning here with storms expected later today. Great time to be sewing and looking OUT the window instead of out IN it!!!

Love your sunrise photo. It just sings 'New day a coming'!!

Deanna said...

Congratulations on the rain! Every little bit helps and that was quite a lot.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Glad you got some rain. We haven't had any for awhile and sure could use some. Love all the pictures:)

Mara said...

That is so true, New Mexico does have the most gorgeous sunrises and sunsets! I have lived a lot of places and NM's are the best.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Beautiful pictures! I NEVER grow tired of looking at sunsets and sunrises. Ever.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!! That sunrise was beautiful!!!

Karin said...

Yay - finally the rain made it towards you ;-). Beautiful pictures again. You defently should get a calender printed (or postcards or posters) with all those beautiful pics.......I´ll be your first customer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...