Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sewing and Snorting Laughter are Good for the Soul

Thank y'all so very much for your kind thoughts and comments on my last post. I truly appreciate each and every one. Our boy arrived safely back on base late last night. Now I am counting the days until that next hug!

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment. On a side note. Did y'all know that clove oil was really good for tooth pain? My friend M told me that and wow! It really worked well! No cavities or root canal needed so I'm a happy girl.

 Then I met up with two crazy girls, whom I love dearly, for a long overdue lunch. We spent three hours solving the problems of the world over really good Mexican food. $5.08 for a great meal at this little cafe!

Many belly laughs and snorting laughter took place, which in turn caused more belly laughs and snorting. And everyone that chose to dine at this particular establishment on that particular day may have had reason to question our sanity. These girls are good for my soul and I truly treasure their friendship. And M - I will be expecting that blog post...with pictures!

No photos of our time together which is probably a good thing! Oh, goodness! I just thought about cell phones! I hope no one snapped any and we're not on the Internet somewhere! People take pictures of everything these days and I'm fairly certain people who don't know us will think we'd taken a  few too many sips of the apple wine.

On a previous trip, we had various people approach us and tell us we were having entirely too much fun. Not possible, and no. Drinking was not involved. Although during one gathering at L's home, our girl walked in and said, "Goodness! You should hear yourselves! Y'all sound like y'all are drunk!" Nope. Not a drop.

So today I have been up since 3. DH left at 4 to help the neighbors so that leaves me alone to putter...and sew!

I'm working on another red-white-and blue chevron quilt.


This one is for our boy for his bed in the barracks. He liked the one I had made previously so this morning, after DH left, I set about to cutting more squares


 and began stitching hst's.


 I've penciled in time for a nap, but I ought to make good progress and I'll pop in a few episodes of the Andy Griffith show while I press. The apple wine will have to wait until later.

8 comments:

Denise :) said...

Glad your son made it back safe and sound. Hold onto that last precious hug!! I had to laugh at the mental picture of y'all enjoying yourselves in the restaurant -- no cell phone pics necessary!! Lovely fabrics you've got picked for the chevron quilt ... I especially like the neutral you're using. Who's is it?? Is that eagles I see in the mix??! Perfect choice!!! :)

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I have a friend I meet for 4 hour lunch too!! We met them on a bus trip to Texas. They live a couple of hour from us but we meet in the middle. Love your new quilt too. We are getting RAIN 1/2 inch so far.

Darlene said...

Those are the best kind of lunches! Me thinks you really needed that. :-)

Love, love, love the new quilt for your young man.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you!! Already into the next quilt!! LOVE it!!

Nancy said...

Add some special love and prayers as you stitch your son's new quilt.

When I was a child, my mother gave me a whole clove to bite when I had a toothache. We didn't have a lot of money for a dentist, so I had to bite on a LOT of cloves.

Good friends are a gift from God. I'm glad you had a great lunch and visit with yours.

Karin said...

Since you mention it - yeah I acutally knew that cloves are good for toothache..... but somehow I totally forgot about it.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends. Like Nancy said Good friends are a gift from god.

Wow great progress - this will be a great quilt for you son.

Anonymous said...

Back in the day, my mother would make us bite down on a clove (and keep it chomped down for a while)whenever we had toothache. Thank heavens that rarely happened, because that was no fun... lol

KaHolly said...

I've been scrolling through your delightful blog, enjoying all of your posts up to now. It's time to snuggle under my covers and turn out the light, but I just wanted you to know I was here and how much I've been enjoying myself. Love your horses, your life, (even though I know it's hard work)! ~karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...