Friday, May 28, 2021

Cooking Up a Storm

 We're expecting a houseful this weekend and I'm so excited to have everyone home! It's been too long! The kids are coming and DH's folks will be here as well so after the sale on Monday I made another big grocery run to the tune of $300. 

The men will be manning the smokers: Brisket - Pork Loin - Chicken - Jalapeno Poppers. My Dirt Road Granola Bars and Pea Pickin' Cake have been requested. Pound Cake. Corn on the Cob. Deviled Eggs. Spicy Pickles. Brats for over the Fire Pit one night. Chicken Quesadillas one night. Guacamole - Queso. Watermelon - and lots of different salads: Fruit Salad- Asian Salad - Potato Salad - Pasta Salad - Catalina Salad - Broccoli Salad - Cherry Salad - Chicken Salad. Hmmm...I think they're going to have to stay longer to eat everything. 😄

In between ranch life and cooking, lawn mowing and house sprucing are in full swing as well! So I had better scoot! I'm overjoyed!



6 comments:

Donna said...

Do you have room for one more? I promise not to eat too much and I don’t mind cleaning up! Enjoy time with your family! You have more than earned it!!!

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, have a wonderful time with family!!

Sherrill said...

That's so awesome for you..so glad they'll all be there! Sounds like you're cooking either for 100 or for 2 weeks. Whatever, it all sounds YUMMY!! I know you'll have a great time.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Enjoy every moment of your family visit!

Libby said...

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.....enjoy your family!

Shepherdess55 said...

Those recipes sound wonderful and my mouth is watering. I'll be searching your website for the recipes. Have a great time with your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...